If you follow me on Instagram, you most likely already know that my husband and I are expecting our first child this year (in a few months!). It’s an exciting time and it has been amazing to me to see how much my body can change in such a short period of time!
Photo taken by my talented sister/photographer, Victoria
I’m a brand ambassador for Shea Moisture and when they found out I was pregnant, they sent over an awesome gift basket filled with products for mommy and baby! I’m shelving and organizing the baby products for now (while daydreaming about using them on my little one!) but I’d love to share details about their prenatal body care collection that I’ve been using for several months now and love.
Introducing the Raw Shea & Cupuaçu Mommy Collection
Each restorative treatment product contains Certified Organic Raw Shea Butter sourced from women’s co-ops in Northern Ghana, which deeply moisturizes and aids in repairing skin with vitamins and essential fatty acids. The products also contain Amazonia Cupuaçu, which helps protect, soften and soothe, and Pistachio Oil, rich in Vitamin E and phytosterols to nourish and protect skin. The products are free of parabens, phthalates, paraffin, propylene glycol, mineral oil, DEA, sulfates, silicones, synthetic fragrance and artificial coloring. The collection includes:
- Raw Shea & Cupuaçu Mommy Stretch Mark Butter Cream – Comforts and hydrates dry, tight skin with this nutrient-rich Butter Cream. Deeply moisturizes and reinforces skin’s elasticity, while forming a protective layer that also helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks. SRP: $12.99; 6 oz.
My review: With all the growing and stretching my skin has been doing, this product was such a relief for my dry and itchy belly! I like to use it right after the shower to help seal in the moisture and it has left my skin feeling so much softer.
- Raw Shea & Cupuaçu Mommy Stretch Mark Intensive Repair Oil – This intensive oil treatment is packed with skin-saving naturally occurring omegas. Deeply hydrates and nourishes to alleviate stressed skin and prevent moisture loss. Leaves skin soft and smooth. SRP: $14.99; 4 fluid oz.
My review: This oil is light and absorbs really well into the skin (don’t want to ruin clothes with oil marks!). This is also great to use right after a shower to help with moisture retention.
- Raw Shea & Cupuaçu Mommy Soothing Nursing Balm – A must-have during the first months of breastfeeding when nipples may feel sore and irritated. Helps condition sensitive skin to keep nipples supple, while protecting skin. SRP: $14.99; 2 oz.
My review: I haven’t really used this one yet since I’m not nursing, but I will say that the balm is very thick but is easy to smooth onto the skin, leaving it soft. I’ll have to update once I use it during nursing.
- Raw Shea & Cupuaçu Mommy Firming Massage Lotion – This firming massage lotion perfectly complements any post-pregnancy weight loss regimen. Deeply hydrates, supports skin’s elasticity and helps return it to its natural firmness. SRP: $9.99.
I didn’t receive this one to review but if you’ve tried it, I would love to hear your thoughts!
- Raw Shea & Cupuaçu Mommy All Over Body Scrub – Hydrates, protects and aids in supporting skin’s elasticity by gently exfoliating and intensely moisturizing. Jojoba beads buff away dull skin without discomfort, leaving skin soft and radiant. Can be used all over body — including hands and cuticles. SRP: $12.99; 12 oz.
My review: Now THIS was my absolute favorite product from the entire collection! With the constant stretching of my growing belly and chest, I needed a body scrub that would lightly exfoliate and soothe my skin and this did just that! I always feel like I’m having a mini spa treatment when I use this in the shower. The exfoliating jojoba beads are just the right size for a gentle exfoliation and dissolve into your skin leaving the moisturizing jojoba oil layer. This reminds me that I need to restock this pronto!
SheaMoisture’s Raw Shea & Cupuaçu Mommy Collection is available at sheamoisture.com and Buy Buy Baby stores nationwide.
Have you tried this collection? Did you find that you had to change your skin care routine when you became pregnant? I would love to hear your thoughts!