Two-Strand Twists and Twist-Out With CURLS Products

Two-Strand Twists and Twist-Out with CURLS styling products
I decided to do some two-strand twists about a week ago to give myself a break with styling my hair. This go-around, I used CURLS whipped cream to do my twists after I had washed and conditioned my hair with CURLS cleansing cream and conditioner. My mom actually did my twists for me, since my hand was still healing : )
Here is a picture of the completed twists:

I left the twists in for that day and overnight. I took pictures of what it looked like right after I took out my twists and after separating further to create volume (which I LOVE!)

(Right Side: Right After taking the twists out)

(Left Side: After separating twists further to create volume)

(The difference between the two sides)

THE FINISHED LOOK

The next day, I started twisting some of my front pieces that had gotten a little frizzy (I was lazy and forgot to sleep with a bonnet the other night *boo*). I was going to take them out before I went out that day, but challenged myself in making it into some kind of presentable style so I could keep the twists in longer and have better definition later *smile*.
This is what I came up with:

What creative things have you done with your twist-outs to help preserve the style?

• Anonymous June 23, 2010, 2:59 pm

beautiful

• Stagger June 23, 2010, 3:55 pm

That looks amazing! My TWA is still "happening" in a sense and I feel like twisting my hair takes forever. I love your tips for hte morning after, and this image gives me something to look forward to! Do you have any other TWA style tips other than twist-outs? (I'd like to know what options I have before my wedding in the Spring!)

• LaNeshe June 23, 2010, 6:06 pm

Very cute!

• Tina June 23, 2010, 9:13 pm

Nice! I really like the style you created with the two-strand twists in the front and puff in the back. Good idea.

• Lakeisha June 23, 2010, 9:15 pm

Very nice results…I love the way my twist outs look when I use the Curls whipped cream. Usually I throw on a cute headband around day 3 or 4 hair. NY and Co sells the cutest headbands now (they're usually buy one get one 50% off)!

• AshCole Closet June 23, 2010, 9:51 pm

YAssss! I love your finished look!, the twists are cute to wear out by itself, im still in the short twa style, but soon I will catch up! ~Ash

• Maggie ☮ June 24, 2010, 1:08 am

precious! I love your creative styling for the lst few pictures lol

• Anonymous June 24, 2010, 2:49 am

Love it!! Is the CURLS product sold at Target?

• Emma's Mom June 24, 2010, 10:30 am

Look at all that beautiful growth. Love the twistout!

• Vee June 24, 2010, 2:33 pm

its so cute!

I'm curious about the curls products

• caramelnaps25 July 12, 2010, 1:56 pm

I love the look you created in the last few pictures with the flower!

• Shawn December 30, 2010, 2:57 am

I love your you tube videos would you please e-mail me what you use to do your two strands please and thanks

• Blessed January 31, 2011, 6:33 am

I so much want to have two strand twist. I have got natural hair. I heard that I can use Organic Root Stimulator Lock and Twist Gel but it has been out of stock at my local Clicks Branch for close to 4 months. What other products can I use? By the way I live in South Africa. Thanks and I like your pictures, they are awesome.

• Shaelyn June 10, 2011, 11:04 am

when ever I decide to a twist-out it looks good the first day. How do I keep it looking fresh? I have to re-twist it every night and it gets tiring. Help Please!!!

• le mac January 15, 2012, 2:57 pm

I love your hair, I can’t wait until mine has matured more….

Two-Strand Twists and Twist-Out With CURLS Products

Two-Strand Twists and Twist-Out with CURLS styling products
Here is a picture of the completed twists:

(Right Side: Right After taking the twists out)

(Left Side: After separating twists further to create volume)

(The difference between the two sides)

THE FINISHED LOOK

This is what I came up with:

• Anonymous June 23, 2010, 2:59 pm

beautiful

• Stagger June 23, 2010, 3:55 pm

• LaNeshe June 23, 2010, 6:06 pm

Very cute!

• Tina June 23, 2010, 9:13 pm

• Lakeisha June 23, 2010, 9:15 pm

• AshCole Closet June 23, 2010, 9:51 pm

• Maggie ☮ June 24, 2010, 1:08 am

precious! I love your creative styling for the lst few pictures lol

• Anonymous June 24, 2010, 2:49 am

Love it!! Is the CURLS product sold at Target?

• Emma's Mom June 24, 2010, 10:30 am

Look at all that beautiful growth. Love the twistout!

• Vee June 24, 2010, 2:33 pm

its so cute!

I'm curious about the curls products

• caramelnaps25 July 12, 2010, 1:56 pm

I love the look you created in the last few pictures with the flower!

• Shawn December 30, 2010, 2:57 am

• Blessed January 31, 2011, 6:33 am

• Shaelyn June 10, 2011, 11:04 am

• le mac January 15, 2012, 2:57 pm

I love your hair, I can’t wait until mine has matured more….