:: Out & About :: Poor Little Rich Girl Boutique

You guys know I LOVE talking about hair, but of course, there are many other things that pique my interest! : )

For one, I love traveling to and exploring new places so I’ve decided to incorporate that into my blog with a new series called “Out & About”. For this series’ inaugural post, we travel to…

Poor Little Rich Girl Boutique

Location:

3393 Main Street

College Park, GA, 30337

About:
Inspired by the colors of Edie Sedgwick, Andy Warhol and The Factory; the resistance of 1960s Vivienne Westwood and the Sex Pistols; and the sassiness of Joan Crawford in The Women, Poor Little Rich Girl has been approaching vintage apparel from the far left since its birth in 2007. Each vintage piece is carefully selected and handpicked from all over the US by two fashion-obsessed individuals who look to change the way the masses interpret vintage.Located in Historic College Park and only minutes from downtown Atlanta, Poor Little Rich Girl reflects the lifestyle of two visionaires who happen to also love music, chai tea, Fiji, foreign films, fashion magazines and avocadoes.“Vintage is green. Vintage is a story. Vintage is past. Vintage is present. Vintage is future.”-Poor Little Rich Girls

Website:
Mon – Sat:
12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
This week I had the opportunity to visit a vintage boutique that actually had been on my list of things to do for over a year now! I love vintage clothing and had heard great things about PLRG and it’s unique, high-quality and affordable assortment of  vintage items.
(My look that day – (Hair) Twist-out (Clothing) Thrifted sweater shirt and tie)
When I arrived at the store, it was funny because the owners called me by my twitter name (@NaturalChica) only because  I had excitedly tweeted them about coming to the store an hour earlier lol (You can follow them @shop_PLRG) I felt extremely welcomed by Danielle, Mia and Bryan and the overall ambience of the store was quite inviting as well! Beautiful vintage dresses hanging from the ceiling, chests overflowing with colorful scarves, racks strewn with ties and suspenders, display cases with beautiful jewelry and brooches…you get the picture!

One thing that really impressed me was that within only 5 minutes of me being at the store, Mia pinpointed my style and offered me a number of great items to try on that I hadn’t even noticed when I was browsing through the racks! It was incredible! (I’ll have to show you my haul in a future post *smile*)
If you’re in the Atlanta area and love shopping vintage…you MUST make a trip to Poor Little Rich Girl! I promise you won’t regret it : )
(Me pictured with Bryan, Danielle & Mia)
Have any of you visited PLRG before? Let me know about your experience!

• Robin March 3, 2011, 1:19 pm

ooh…I wanna go check it out:)

• Dalila March 3, 2011, 1:20 pm

This place sounds awesome! Next time I’m ever in the ATL to visit family I definitely have to make a stop there.

I think you should expand your series to other cities if you travel to other places lol

• Mae March 3, 2011, 1:23 pm

I’m always traveling so I definitely will! : )

• Tamika March 3, 2011, 1:41 pm

I’m going to ATL in a few weeks. I will definitely check out PLRG. Thanks!

• Kasondra March 3, 2011, 9:23 pm

Wow i literally live 10 minutes from here and I always either drive to little 5 points, gwinnett, or athens for vintage shopping, ill be hitting this place up asap. Thanks!

• CC March 4, 2011, 12:27 am

I love this store, I’ve shopped there and have gotten amazing finds. In fact I received a gift certificate from there. My friends Mia & Wynter owns the store & they are amazing! I’m happy they are receiving attention!

• Keianna March 5, 2011, 1:53 pm

I love the vintage looking clothes…Very nice.

• Reneé March 10, 2011, 1:02 pm

We have a few here in Boston/Cambridge! I love this store, it is the best. I buy all of my summer dresses from them.

• Sha'Mira March 13, 2011, 6:33 pm

I go to school in Athens and I always thought we had the best vintage clothes selection nearby but I did a quick stop in PLRG a few weeks back and LOVED their stuff! I didn’t have time to shop like I wanted so I’ll definitely be heading back soon. Love the vibe there!

• Candace March 14, 2011, 6:43 pm

Always looking for different interesting pieces to wear…..Look forward to visiting the store soon :)

• Modé March 14, 2011, 9:01 pm

Hi!
    Been trying to contact you for a while, got no response. (no worries, I know you must be busy) Just wanted to let you know I made a painting of you. you’re pics are so inspiring. You are so pretty :)

here’s the link

Hope you like!

• Anab March 16, 2011, 9:36 pm

Love Poor Little Rich Girl! Its a bit of a drive for me-I’m in Midtown-but its well worth it!

• Nikki S. May 20, 2011, 6:35 pm

Love the new “Out & About” series! I will definitely check out PLRG!