Congratulations to ANTActress and curlyxPOP for being selected to receive samples of my homemade Moisturizing Hair Cream and Brown Sugar Body Scrub.
Check out their responses below:
"10 Reasons Why I Went Natural"
1. I'm learning each day to love what God has blessed me with even if society puts negativity on it...so I would have to say to truly enjoying what God has given me.
2. My son was born with a head full of hair and seeing how beautiful and soft it was definitely made me want to cut mine even more...son's natural hair.
3. Someday I hope to be a Mother to a beautiful girl and I want her to also embrace her true beauty and I'd like to be a role model for her. I don't want to try and teach her to wear her natural hair with confidence if I'm wearing a weave, relaxer, or wig so for my daughters I hope to have down the road.
4. I want to be able to still rock a cute hairstyle even if it's raining, humid, or snowing outside. I don't have to worry about "running for cover!"
5. I wanted to feel (and love) my natural texture (and even after 2 months, I still can't keep my hands out of my hair, lol)
6. I want my hair to grow with me as I grow to a phenomenal woman!
7. I was tired of using flat irons, blow dryers, curling irons, pressing combs, and whatever other damaging product on my hair...to stop the habit of putting heat on my hair to achieve a certain look.
8. My quote that I live by for my hair: "I wouldn't want someone trying to change me, so why would I change my hair!??! I love it as it is!"
9. I've witnessed many women cutting their hair short around 40 or 50 years old, so I figured why not cut mine now and when I'm that age I'll have a head full of long, healthy, beautiful hair. My goal is to have it long and strong and to not cut it anymore but just trim it regularly.
10. My husband loves my hair short! :o)
curlyxPOP aka Izzy : )
"10 Reasons Why I Love Being Natural"
1.No one, and I mean NO ONE, is natural like me. Not to knock those with straight hair, or relaxed hair, but it essentially all looks the same - just straight hair. I love knowing that natural hair comes in a multitude of types, curls, colors, etc. No one in the world has my springy coils, my wavy edges, or my crazy bits of hair that want to just stick out EXACTLY like I do. I love being natural because I love knowing that I am 100% unique!
Here are some responses from the others that I really enjoyed as well! Be sure to share this post with any people who are on the fence about going natural : )
-Freedom from being an Affirm, Cream of Nature, Mizani relaxer junkie!(lilsisa427)
- Got a physical check up everything came up healthy except my hair (lilsisa427)
- $3,360 bucks back in my back pocket ($25 each week for one year for weekly maintenance of permed hair paid to beautician, $45 dollars every 8-10 weeks for the poison, 5dolla tip!)(lilsisa427)
- I have joined a movement that will force the black hair car industry to re-evaluate hair care products which in my opinion is long overdue (lilsisa427)
- To go against the grain of society who tells us that straight hair is better than natural hair, that our natural hair is "slave hair" when in actuality it is healthier with the right management. Which will undo some of the brainwashing that "Society" has done in the African American, Black community. We as black people have proven them wrong countless times, we can still do it by changing our attitudes and loving ourselves..it will help me to appreciate the Natural beauty that has come from the hands of God the Creator, because when he made me and all man, we are in HIS image, in HIS likeness and we are Good. So why change that? (Babymck09)
- I always wanted to wear my hair in an afro for years. When I see a woman with an afro, I see strength and pride. (Babymck09)
- I LOVE curly hair. i pay to get mine chemically relaxed, then go home and spray it and set it in rollers and sit under the dryer to get it curly... what??? why do all those damaging processes when my hair is curly in its natural state? (gozosa1980)
- Because I’ll be going away to college in less than a week and I don’t want to have to worry about my next touch-up when there are bigger things to worry about. Oh and $80 trips to the salon on a college student’s budget? I think not! (KessieA09)
- Because I refuse to be afraid of water! I hate coming from the beach with my hair looking a stringy mess. I want to feel like dancing, instead of running, when it starts to rain =D (KessieA09)
- Because I think it’s sad that I have no idea how the hair that grows out of my own head feels or looks. (KessieA09)
- CONFIDENCE! (A YouTube subscriber)
- The natural look gives me a sense of pride in myself and my heritage. (A YouTube subscriber)
Chicas, feel free to add on to this list. Let's keep this hype about being natural going...it deserves it! : )