PURA BODY NATURALS CUPUACU HAIR BUTTER
2 oz - $9.00, 4 oz - $14.00 (LINK TO PRODUCT)
100% NaturalA rich creamy blend of natural butters and oils to combat dry, brittle hair. Cupuacu is well known for its high fatty acid content which benefits dry, damaged hair while protecting moisture and leaving hair soft and silkyA little goes a long way. Apply to hair in sections for even coverage and to avoid using too much on hair. More can be applied based on user preference. Cupuacu hair butter can be applied to wet or dry hair for twisting or daily conditioning. For moisture protection apply to wet hair after conditioning to seal in moisture.
The greatest benefit is cupuacu promotes long lasting hydration due to its ability to absorb water to help maintain moisture. Cupuacu hair butter can be applied to natural, relaxed, and transitioning hair.
Ingredients: Cupuacu Butter, Murumuru Butter, Mango Butter, Illipe Butter, Organic Shea Butter, Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Olive Oil, Jojoba Oil, Organic Brazil Nut Oil, Organic Mamey Sapote Oil, Castor Bean Oil, Herbal extract blend (horsetail, nettles, burdock root) and Essential Oil Blend/and or fragrance
- Cupuacu Butter - Comes from a fruit tree of the chocolate family, native to the northern Amazon. Cupuacu improves the appearance prematurely aging and thinning skin while being a superior moisturizer with great water absorption. It offers high levels of essential fatty acids, which with its rich phytosterols, help the appearance of your skin’s elasticity and overall appearance of your skin. Cupuacu's incredible creaminess promotes a special softness and smoothness to your skin to boosts natural moisture and help your skin appear more elastic.
Cupuacu promotes smoothness and softness to the hair increasing the natural moisture and elasticity. The butter has proven to be beneficial for brittle, dry hair due to it's long lasting hydration properties to replenish moisture while promoting a healthy shine. Cupuacu is considered hydrophilic (water loving) with a high capacity to retain water and prevent moisture loss.
- Brazil Nut Oil - Are harvested from trees in the Amazon rainforest. The nuts are rich in nourishing, protein, and moisturizing properties. Contains omega-6 acid which acts as a barrier to hair and skin to prevent water loss to help retain moisture. Brazil nut oils is packed with vitamins A and E protecting the skin and hair from premature aging and dryness. It brings shine, softness, and silkiness to the hair. For skin, it acts as a moisturizer, provides antioxidant benefits, helps prevent dryness, and leaves skin soft, smooth, and hydrated.
- Castor Bean Oil - Rich in fatty acids and acts as a natural humectant, drawing and holding moisture to the hair. In addition, castor oil works to coat the hair shaft and smooth the cuticle layer, sealing in moisture and leaving the hair feeling soft and silky. It is more easily absorbed by the hair, allowing deeper penetration into the hair shaft.
- Mango Butter - Is obtained from the kernels of the mango tree. Has been used in the tropics and rainforest for its skin soothing, moisturizing, and protective skin properties. Mango butter can also provide softness to brittle hair promoting a soft, manageable mane.
- Illipe Butter - Comes from a tree that is native to Southeast Asia and Borneo. For years illipe has been known for its incredible moisturizing properties for and it's ability to restore elasticity to hair and skin. It's extremely helpful in the treatment of dry or over processed hair.
- Murumuru Butter - Grows in the Maranhao area of Northern Brazil along the Amazon Basin. The butter is rich in oleic and linoleic oil content which promotes nutrition and moisture to skin and hair. Murumuru is a powerful barrier agent and intense natural moisturizer. As an excellent emollient it helps the skin and hair retain water by creating a protective film. In addition, to emollient properties, it's natural gloss brings a desirable shine to dry, damaged hair making it beneficial to kinky, highly textured hair.
- Shea Butter - extracted from the Shea-Karite tree in East and West Africa. Shea butter is packed with vitamins A, E, and F which makes it great for skin and hair.
- Mamey Sapote Oil - extracted from the sapote fruit native to Latin America. Sapote is rich in vitamins A, C, carbohydrates, plant proteins, iron, and potassium. Has been used for years to combat dry hair and help retain moisture.
**Hair butter is all natural, without any added water. Do not add water to the container with wet hands or by other means. ** **Due to the natural nature of the butter, it will melt at high temperatures. If this occurs, place the container in a cool place until the butter hardens. Once it hardens stir the product to create a creamier texture. The quality of the product isn't compromised by this occurrence.** **The color of the butter can vary by batch due to the varying colors of natural butters** **Please do a patch test before fully using the product. Formulated using nuts and tree nut ingredients.**
What I Thought: The blend of butters and oils in this mix is amazing!! It indeed was a very creamy butter and melted very easily between my hands for application. I used this product on top of the Sapote Hair Lotion for my braid-out, and it helped to give nice definition to my style along with a great natural shine. The scent is also very exotic and I receive many "oh my goodness...your hair smells so good!" comments every time I use this product in my hair. Simply love it!!
(Braid-out using PURA BODY NATURALS Sapote Hair Lotion & Cupuacu Hair Butter)