The winners are Tiffany D. and Tanishia!
Thanks to all who participated and shared some really interesting black history facts!
Last month, I had the pleasure of reviewing several hair & body products from the Pura Body Naturals line , which I ended up loving! Now, the owner of Pura Body Naturals has been generous enough to give away two sample packs so Natural Chica readers can try these awesome products for themselves!About Pura Body Naturals At Pura Body Naturals we specialize in hand crafting hair and body products using the best oils and butters the Amazon and tropical locations have to offer. We create our products with Cupuacu Butter, Murumuru Butter, Brazil Nut Oil, Sapote Oil, Mango Butter, Macedamia Oil, and other natural goodies. In addition to the hair and body products, we also hand craft loose mineral eye shadows any girl can love.The Giveaway
- Cupuacu Butter - Comes from a fruit tree of the chocolate family, native to the northern Amazon. Cupuacu improves the appearance prematurely aging and thinning skin while being a superior moisturizer with great water absorption. It offers high levels of essential fatty acids, which with its rich phytosterols, help the appearance of your skin’s elasticity and overall appearance of your skin. Cupuacu's incredible creaminess promotes a special softness and smoothness to your skin to boosts natural moisture and help your skin appear more elastic.
- Brazil Nut Oil - Are harvested from trees in the Amazon rainforest. The nuts are rich in nourishing, protein, and moisturizing properties. Contains omega-6 acid which acts as a barrier to hair and skin to prevent water loss to help retain moisture. Brazil nut oils is packed with vitamins A and E protecting the skin and hair from premature aging and dryness. It brings shine, softness, and silkiness to the hair. For skin, it acts as a moisturizer, provides antioxidant benefits, helps prevent dryness, and leaves skin soft, smooth, and hydrated.
- Castor Bean Oil - Rich in fatty acids and acts as a natural humectant, drawing and holding moisture to the hair. In addition, castor oil works to coat the hair shaft and smooth the cuticle layer, sealing in moisture and leaving the hair feeling soft and silky. It is more easily absorbed by the hair, allowing deeper penetration into the hair shaft.
- Mango Butter - Is obtained from the kernels of the mango tree. Has been used in the tropics and rainforest for its skin soothing, moisturizing, and protective skin properties. Mango butter can also provide softness to brittle hair promoting a soft, manageable mane.
- Illipe Butter - Comes from a tree that is native to Southeast Asia and Borneo. For years illipe has been known for its incredible moisturizing properties for and it's ability to restore elasticity to hair and skin. It's extremely helpful in the treatment of dry or over processed hair.
- Murumuru Seed Butter - Grows in the Maranhao area of Northern Brazil along the Amazon Basin. The butter is rich in oleic and linoleic oil content which promotes nutrition and moisture to skin and hair. Murumuru is a powerful barrier agent and intense natural moisturizer. As an excellent emollient it helps the skin and hair retain water by creating a protective film. In addition, to emollient properties, it's natural gloss brings a desirable shine to dry, damaged hair making it beneficial to kinky, highly textured hair.
- Shea Butter - extracted from the Shea-Karite tree in East and West Africa. Shea butter is packed with vitamins A, E, and F which makes it great for skin and hair.
- Babassu Oil - expelled from the Babassu Palm Tree in northern Brazil. It has been used for centuries as an emollient to soothe dry skin without adding a greasy feel. Babassu moisturizes and restores hair's strength and elasticity.
- Mamey Sapote Oil - extracted from the sapote fruit native to Latin America. Sapote is rich in vitamins A, C, carbohydrates, plant proteins, iron, and potassium. Has been used for years to combat dry hair and help retain moisture.